Tuesday, April 3, 2012

HUGE post- pic heavy!!

Good afternoon! So, yeah, today's post is gonna be a big one, since it's been 10 days since the last one. BUT it also finishes up the challenge I had going, so yay me! Gotta love veing busy with family and work :P

Let's see...... I left off at "a color from your favorite collection", which was an easy pick. I think my collection, so far, is the Katy Perry collection OPI released January 2011. It's one of two or three that I actually have all the colors from. The color I chose was Not Like the Movies (duochrome version). Of course, I had to Shatter it, too. Sorry for the blurry first pic >.<








(Sorry for the blurriness in that one too!)

Alright, after that was "a color that is a glitter". I kept seeing people in the Face Book groups I'm in rave about Lorelei's Tiara from China Glaze, so when I saw it on clearance at Sally's, I snagged it. I didn't want to completely glitter bomb my nails, so I thought I would do glitter tips over a matte base color. For that I used Zoya Loredana matte. I'm thinking it might not have been the best idea, but it's not truly hideous either lol. The glitter tips might have looked better with a black base instead.






Next, I have for you is "a color that is pastel". One thing I don't have alot of is pastels, but I had bought Kinectic Candy from China Glaze about a month ago. Let me just say, I love this color. I don't know why, but I think of a blue mint whenever I see it. I topped it off with the scattered holo goodness that is Fairy Dust, also from China Glaze.






"A color that you used to hate but now like".......... That could only be the color green. For years, I used to refuse to wear green; my parents loved to stick me in that color, and pink, when I was a child. I didn't really start wearing green until 5 or 6 years ago. For this challenge, I picked Gaga for Green from China Glaze topped with Call me on my Cell-ry from OPI.






This next challenge was originally called "a color that you would wear at your wedding". Well, I'm already married, and I had boring French tips for it, so I changed to if I ever got married again. I would definitly chose I Vant to be A-Lone Star from OPI. It's such a pretty pale blue, you could almost call it a neutral lol.





The next two challenges I switched around to accomadate Pink Wednesday. For that, that challenge became "a color that is easy to apply". For me, the whole Zoya brand are easy to apply. For this, I chose Katy, which I just love. Again, sorry for the blurriness of the first pic.







The next challenge is one I found to be a little morbid, "a color that you would wear to your funeral". I ended up pairing Max Factor's Fantasy Fire with OPI's Blue my Mind and liked how it turned out.






The next challenge was prolly, by far, the easiest one for me to decide on, "a color that is hard to apply". Hands down, that would have to be Lemon Fizz from China Glaze. I love the color, but I absolutely hate the formula. I think for this mani I used 3 coats of Lemon Fizz under White Lightning, also from China Glaze (Crackle Glaze), and then made it all matte with Matte-ly in Love from Hard Candy. Needless to say, I was a little disappointed when I got a huge ass chip the next at work xD






Ok, on to "a color you think is sexy"! In my opinion, red polish in general is sexy. Anyone can wear red, it's just a matter of finding the right shade. This was a hard one to pick for, because I have a lot of red polish. When it came down to it, though, I picked something that fit with the warm, summerlike weather we've been having here in Florida: Zoya Sooki. I admit, I really did buy this color just for the name, but I am glad it does look good on me :P I topped Sooki with Nubar 2010. Honestly, this mani wasn't as orange my camera seemed to want it to be.








A few more to go!!! This challenge called for a color that is new. Well.......... that's a pretty wide range right now, because I had gotten alot of new polishes last month. I picked one that I got on my first trip to Ulta last month, though; it was kind of an impulse buy, but I didn't regret getting it. "It" is Grape Juice from China Glaze.






Glittering Garland from China Glaze fit the bill for "a color you didn't think you could pull off". Alot of greens have too much yellow in them to look good with my skintone. GG almost does but not quite. I pleasantly surprised at how nice it looks on me. Also, it stamps well!






Last, but not least, is "a color that matches your favorite outfit". My favorite outfit consists of a geometic blue, white, and grey skirt with a blue top. The color I picked also ties with Autism Awareness Month, which is the month of April. So, to start that off, I used Color Club's Blue-topia and stamped over it using Red Angel plate 108. I know the stamping looks a little messy, but that's not something I screwed up. I had a hard time picking up the image off the plate; it always looked like I overflowed it or something.








Sorry for the blurriness in that last one!

So there you have it! Now, I'm gonna try to do the majority of April in blues for Autism Awareness, but I will mix it up a little. I should also be able to post more often now as well. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment