Monday, August 20, 2012

Dupe Monday

Good morning! I hope everyone had a great weekend and is refreshed for the work week!

Ok, so the last three dupe posts were about blues; today's is for the mints in my stash, which thankfully is only two. It surprises that I have only two mints, considering how much I truly love that range of colors. Maybe I should clarify and say true mints, since I do have a few that are kind of minty but not true minty, which is for a later post.

For today's comparison, I have Essie's Mint Candy Apple and Color Club's Blue- Ming. In the bottle, you can tell that MCA is just a tad lighter than BM.



On the nail, it becomes more obvious that they're not the same color, even though they're both gorgeous. BM is darker and a bit bluer, where MCA is more of a traditional mint. Unfortunately, both apply like crap and are streaky. It took me three coats to even get them to look nice for the pics. In this case, BM is the better value, since it's still available and CC's prices are more reasonable. You definitely don't need both of these colors.

Blue-ming is on my index and ring fingers, Mint Candy Apple on my middle and little fingers, no topcoat.






No comments:

Post a Comment