Friday, May 16, 2014

A fail and two successes



Happy Friday afternoon! Any big plans for the weekend? I don't have any aside from just chillin' :)

Alrighty, so I have two stamping successes and one I consider a fail. I'll start with today's, since I think it's rather pretty.

It's Textured Friday, and for that I picked Zoya's Beatrix. I just love this creamsicle orange Pixie Dust. I haven't seen another texture this color yet. It's so pretty and summery. I applied two coats, then Zoya's drying drops, and let that dry a good while before stamping over it. For that, I used Winstonia W205 and Maybelline Bold Gold. It's a little subtle, but I like it.









Thursday featured one of my last neons that's been sitting unloved, China Glaze Blue Sparrow. I hadn't used it in so long that I hadn't forgotten it wasn't a stainer. It did take 3 coats over White on White to look kinda decent, so I stamped over it. MJ Jr 08 and OPI's Push and Shove, then a coat of Seche.








And the fail...... It started out great. Two coats of Emily de Molly's Version 2.0 over a coat Milani's Black Swift, then topped with Seche. I should have stopped there, though. The stamping didn't turn out very good =\ Emily de Molly EdM03 and Milani White on the Spot, then another coat of Seche. As you can see, the stamp just didn't work well, I think it was the polish.








No comments:

Post a Comment