Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Bubbly and lead lighting!



Good afternoon!

I've got some new colors and a new technique to share with y'all today! Yes, I'm still working through my untrieds, but it's get smaller, finally lol. Today's mani featured two of them, Zoya Stassi and Tilda.

When Zoya announced their summer collections, I knew I had to have these two colors. Tilda, especially, is unlike any other green I own. It's very yellow toned green, almost too yellow for me, but that's alright, because I got Stassi to wear over it specifically. This mani was two coats of each, which turned it into a super sparkly mani, then topped with Seche.








I'm finding the Bubbly colors look better layered over their coordinating cremes in the Tickled collection.

Now, on to the new (to me) technique, which is this month's Monthly Palette Project. The color palette we had to pick from was called "frosted summer".



Before I even read what technique we were to use, I knew these were to be jelly colors, just by the pic. The technique to go with it is one that has been gaining popularity is called lead lighting. Basically, you stamp over a light colored base and fill it with jelly polishes, using a dotting tool or small brush. The effect created is to look like stained glass. At least, this is how I interpret it to be lol.

My base color was 3 coats of Zoya Purity, followed by Seche. The stamped image came from my new Sugar Bubbles plate, SB 021, and was stamped in Mundo de Unas black. I then used the following jelly/jellyish polishes:

-Zoya Paloma, Coraline, and Kate
-China Glaze Are You Jelly? and Isle See You Later!
-OPI Got a Date To-Knight, Hey! Get in Lime, and The "It" Color

Topped again with Seche. My husband said it reminded him of the Partridge Family bus lol. This was my first attempt at lead lighting.






No comments:

Post a Comment