Friday, July 11, 2014

Happy Friday!



Good morning!!

Man, what a long week it's been! I kinda hate the week after a short week, it makes it seem soooo long :P But Friday is finally here! Not that I have any big plans, I'm just glad it's the end of the week.

I've got three manis to show you this morning, including some new ones. Today's textured polish feature is a not only a new color, but a never-tried-before brand, Rimmel.

I was at Walgreens a few weeks ago, and before going to the register, I of course perused the polish displays. I came across a tiny display of the Sweetie Crush collection by Rimmel. This was the first time I had seen it. I picked out two colors, Applelicious and Sherbert Sweetheart, since I didn't have colors like them already in textured. If memory serves correctly, all the colors were light, soft shades; the two I got are for sure.

Applelicious is a light, apple green, sparkly texture. Formula and application weren't bad, I needed three coats for opacity, which was what I expected. I don't remember what the price point was, but it couldn't have been too terribly much. Overall, I'm pretty happen with Applelicious.








Yesterday's mani was inspired by one I had seen on Nailpolis, so I don't take credit for the base mani :P It started with 2 coats of Zoya Taylor, then created a gradient on the tips with OPI's I Just Can't Cope-acabana. I cleaned up the mess around my nails, then stamped a single little rose from Messy Mansion MM07 in Mundo de Unas Fiusca. Topped with Seche. This came out so bright, my camera kinda freaked out. Maybe I should have matted it lol.










Wednesday's mani was cool toned, tribal themed. This featured a few more new colors from Morgan Taylor. I have to say, I'm really impressed with all the colors I've bought and tried of this brand. They're about on par with Zoya, and I abso-frickin'-lutely love Zoya. 

For the base colors, I used 3 coats of Varsity Jacket Blues and 2 coats of One Cool Cat, then topped with Seche. I then did a Saran Wrap mani over them, with Don't Touch Me, I'm Radioactive over VJB and Gotta Have Hue over OCC. The tribal images came from Winstonia W-02 in the Nature Series, and stamped in Mundo de Unas neon blue. All topped with Seche.







No comments:

Post a Comment