Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Some catching up to do!



Good afternoon! I hope everyone had a great weekend, regardless of celebrating Independence Day or not :D I had a rather uneventful one myself. Independence Day is also my grandma's birthday, so the family got together to celebrate it. It was nice :)

I've got several manis to show you, so let's get started! Today's mani was inspired by a compact I picked up a month or so ago, which happened to be vintage inspired. I love it, here's a pick of it:



I knew when I got it that I wanted to create a dotticure with these colors, and it finally happened. I used 3 coats of Zoya Purity for the base and Zoya Rooney and Morgan Taylor Going Native for the dots, and finished it off with a coat of Seche.







I almost went matte on this, but decided to keep it shiny. Seems I've had a matte fetish lately, and want to MATTE ALL THE MANIS!!! :P

Yesterday I wore one of my favorite reds, OPI's Peru-B-Ruby. I had forgotten how much I love this color, I hadn't worn it in so long. Two perfectly easy coats then Seche. I stamped over it with, what looks like a Spiderman pattern but I promise it isn't, Winstonia W-202 and Mundo de Unas Black, then another coat of Seche.







Stamping Sunday's theme for this week was lacy. I had a hard time finding a lacy pattern; I think I only have a handful of them. I settled on Bundle Monster BM-H23, stamped in Mundo de Unas White, over 3 coats of Morgan Taylor's Take me to Your Tribe. I can not say how much I love this periwinkle blue; I've been searching for a color this for I don't know how long, and I finally found it!!! I added dots in Morgan Taylor Varsity Jacket Blues, then topped with Seche followed by Mattes a Wrap. When I took the pics, I didn't realize the dots were a little hard to see, but they are there, I swear lol.







And, lastly, my Independence Day mani. I kept it kinda simple, because my manis tend to get trashed on holidays for some reason. I kept with my Textured Friday theme, and used Zoya Chyna and Liberty, and OPI Solitaire. Chyna and Solitaire were two coats each and Liberty was 3. I wasn't able to get pics before the festivities, but amazingly, I had no chips or tipwear when I got these. Yay textures!






No comments:

Post a Comment