Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Some brightness for Tuesday!



Good afternoon!

I hope today finds you well :) I'm busy fighting a cold from getting any worse. So far, so good; four days in and I really don't feel worse. Mostly, I'm just tired and a little more stuffy and sneezy lol.

I've got a few bright, summery manis to share with you, one featuring new colors, the others are colors I've had in my collection. Last month, I finally got the rest of Zoya's summer collection that I had wanted, and one of the colors was Wendy. Wendy reminds me of two of the colors that were part of the Blogger trio collab. Birchbox had (and still has, I believe), Belle and Kate. Both are what I call grapefruit pinks, one being a shimmery layering polish, the other a jelly. Wendy is in the same color family, but it a creme. It's not a color I usually go for, since grapefruit pink is just too warm for me, but in this case I didn't care. I wanted it as soon as Zoya debuted it.

To keep it from looking too warm, I decided to a gradient with it. Wendy needed 3 coats to not look streaky, then I topped with Seche. For the gradient, I used a new glitter from Maybelline called Rose Mirage. Rose Mirage is dense, fine, rose gold glitter. I sponged that on until I was happy with it and topped that with Seche also.

Wendy is really bright, and my camera kinda spazzed over that lol.








Yesterday, I tried out a (new to me) technique- the distressed mani. I got the idea from this blogger and had been wanting to try for long time. Mine didn't come out as nicely as hers, but I think I did alright for my first attempt. The colors I used were:

- Maybelline Bleached Neons in Bleached in Peach, Day Glow Teal, Pink Punch, Ultra Violet, and Lime Accent
- Maybelline Sapphire Siren
- Milani White on the Spot (base color, 2 coats)








Alrighty, on to Stamping Sunday. I honestly don't remember what I voted for, but what won was a stamp that you don't like. There aren't too many images on my plates that I don't like but there are a few. I remembered two specifically, so I ended up using one of them.

I kept this really simple since having something I don't like on my nails annoys me. The base color is two coats of OPI's California Raspberry. The image is from Mo You Rebel 02 stamped in Mundo de Unas white. 







No comments:

Post a Comment