Saturday, September 20, 2014

Rainy day blahs



Good Saturday afternoon! I hope y'all are having a better weekend than we are here in soggy SWFL >.< It's been rainy and dreary for the last three days and is supposed to be like this for a few more, ugh. I think it's making up for the lack of rain and killer heat we had last month lol.

I want to show you a couple manis I had from yesterday and Thursday. Not only do they feature new (to me, on one of them) colors, but also new stamping stuff!

About...... 3 weeks ago, I think, I saw swatches of Formula X for Sephora's latest collection. I believe they were all mattes, but the one that screamed out for me was Prophecy. Out of all the matte polishes I own, I definitely lack in a bold, vibrant blue. Yes, yes, I know, I could use one of my umpteen million matte coats to achieve the look, but even with all the blues I have, I don't think I have one like Prophecy. One of my awesome Face Book friends hooked me up and got Prophecy to me :)

That is what I wore on my nails yesterday. Now, I had read that these Formula X mattes were prone to chipping, and I also wanted to stamp over Prophecy. I did up a regular mani, with two coats of color followed by a coat of Seche, and cleaned it up while it dried. Prophecy does dry quick on its own, but I wasn't gonna take the chance of smearing the base trying to stamp.

This is where the new stamping stuff comes in :) The stamping polish is, of course, Mundo de Unas in silver, which came in my last from Mundo. The stamping plate is a new release from Messy Mansion, MM42, and I got new squishy stamper heads!! For those of you that stamp and want squishy replacement heads, you need to get the Messy Mansions. I ordered the medium soft set, and I swear to you, they are better than my original white marshmallow! Also, I did not need to prime this set, they worked beautifully right out the package. They're perfectly squishy and sticky, and there's and even softer and stickier set! 

My mani was finished up with a coat of Morgan Taylor's Matte's a Wrap. It didn't seem to smear my stamping  as much as other matte topcoats have, which is nice, and Prophecy was returned to its original glowing matte-ness.








For Thursday's mani, I didn't have a lot time to put together a look, so really, I just grabbed a red creme, added a flakie, and was done. This is two coats of Zoya America, which is one of those gorgeous pin up reds, and one coat of Zoya Chloe. I wanted the flakie to be more subtle, that's why I did only one coat of Chloe. Topped with Seche and done!







No comments:

Post a Comment