Monday, September 29, 2014

Time to catch up again!



Good afternoon!

I hope your Monday is flying by without too much unpleasantness :D I'm a little behind in posting, but only because I just haven't had time to so until today. So here we go!

I skipped out of yesterday's Stamping Sunday theme, funky French. I can't stamp French tips, of any kind really, to save my life. I chose to do a fall colored water marble with some new Zoyas I got last week. The base was 2 coats of Zoya Purity. The marble was created with Zoya Thandie, Chanelle, and Veronica, the dots were Zoya Darcy. Topped with Seche, matted wity Morgan Taylor's Matte's a Wrap.












As part of my Zoya order, I got their 3 new Pixie Dusts, so yay for new textures! For Textured Friday, I picked Arianna. Arianna is almost a magenta colored, very squishy looking texture. It didn't try quite as matte as other PDs do, but I think that makes it unique. I've read that some people have had a problem with this, but I like it. My pics don't quite do it justice, but we've been having some lousy ass, cloudy, rainy weather lately.







Since I've seemed (most of the time, anyways) to have gotten the hang of water marbles, I've decided I need to work on my gradients. I did a glitter gradient last Wednesday that I'm really proud of. It started with 2 coats of OPI's Suzi Loves Cowboys, which is a yummy, dark chocolate brown, perfect for fall, and a coat of Seche.

I did a little research on glitter gradients, and I found that instead of using a sponge to apply the glitter, others were applying it with the brush. I figured what the hell, I'll give it try. It's gotta be less messy than using a sponge. My glitter was Sinful Colors Pumpkin Spice, which I didn't know dries matte, then topped with Seche.






No comments:

Post a Comment