Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Not what I intended it to be.......

Good evening!

I have for you tonight one of those manis that doesn't turn out quite the way I intended. It started with my base color, China Glaze's Isle See You Later. This color is part of their latest summer collection, which is half jellies and half cremes. Isle is one of the jellies.

First off, it's not a true jelly. It's missing the high shine that all jellies have when they dry; in fact, the color is rather dull and flat before topcoating. Second, even at four coats, the visible nail line was still very evident. Maybe I'm spoiled with my other jellies achieving some kind of opacity even at 3 coats. Third, the bottle color is deceiving. When you first see it, it's a pretty bright blue. On the nail, it's a watery, sea green blueish color. Definitely not what I expected.

The other part of what I hadn't intended was my stamping color. I thought for sure I had seen just last week that it stamped very well over colors. I'm willing to admit I might have gotten the wrong color, but I'm not sure. The result was my stamped image being more subtle instead standing out. My stamping color was Pure Ice's Excuse Me and the plate was my Apipila P.2.







All in all, I like it, even if it turned out differently from I had tried to do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment