Friday, June 14, 2013

Vintage cherries

Good evening!

Most of you may not know this, but I just love vintage styles and what not, and have started, as per my New Year's resolution, watching the old, great classics of Hollywood. I'm talking from the silent film era and the Golden Era, with stars such Ginger Rogers, Fred Astaire, Jean Harlow, Clara Bow, and, of course, Marilyn Monroe :) I adore so many things from these eras, such as the fashions, attitudes, and just the way these people were. It's so completely different from now.

I was feeling rather inspired by it all (who wouldn't be! lol), and decided to a mani. It was nothing complicated or fancy, but I loved it. I started with 2 very easy coats of Zoya Sooki, which, in my opinion, is a very pinup-y red and really reminds of a color those starlets would wear. On my ring fingers, I used 2 coats of Zoya Purity, and topped all fingers with Seche.

I let that dry for awhile, because it's been extremely hot and humid here and that can affect dry time, before I stamped over Purity. I used the full nail image of cherries on my Sugar Bubbles 002 plate, stamped in Sooki, then topped with Seche again. Done!







Love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment