Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Welcome to April!!



Good afternoon and happy first day of April! Yes, I know, it's April Fool's, but I'm not a prankster so I really don't take part in this day of pranks :)

I do have a few bright, springy manis to show you, though. I'm kinda continuing in the same vein I was last week, bright colors, but this week I'm using bright jellies. Today's mani featured not only a jelly, but one of OPI's new Sheer Tints as well.

To start, my base was one coat of both China Glaze's Kinetic Candy and Isle See You Later, then a coat of Seche. I stamped over that, using CND's Vinylux in Black Pool and my Apipila P.2 plate, followed by another coat of Isle See You Later and Seche, then stamped again with the same things. I topped that with a coat of I Can Teal You Like (Sheer Tint), then Seche. Amazingly, I didn't have any chips with all that on my nails when I took it. Usually, with that much Seche, I get chipping lol.








I love how Monday's mani came out. It wasn't exactly anything new that I did, but the glitter I used for the candy mani was different. All OPI colors, all one coat each, topped with Seche. Base to top- Flit a Bit, Rose of Light, and Y'all Come Back, Ya Hear?. I think this is by far my favorite candy mani look I've done.








Sunday's Stamping Sunday mani I regard as something of a fail. The challenge called for stamping over another technique, which isn't actually that difficult for me to do. My problem came with the colors I used. See, I was inspired by an ad layout in Nails Mag. for CND's latest line of Vinylux and Shellac colors. They are gorgeous, and I absolutely had to have Tango Passion. It's a deep orchid shimmer that's just beautiful. The other colors, except for maybe the pink, I already very similar colors, but those are pretty much what I wanted to use. 

Except for Tango Passion, the other colors are from Zoya: Josie, Yummy, and Pippa. Josie and Pippa were sponged over Yummy, and Tango Passion was stamped over that, the image is from Winstonia Nature Series W-04. All topped with Seche.








And for last Friday's Textured mani, this beautiful color is I'm Brazil Nuts About You from OPI. Two coats.







No comments:

Post a Comment