Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Some afternoon spam!



Good afternoon and happy Tuesday!

I had a rather unexpected absence from blogging the last few days. My old lappy got fried on Sunday, and while I was able to replace it yesterday, it's definitely going to change how I do a few things with regarding to editing pics and blogging. So please bear with me as I adjust. Today, though, I was able to do what I needed on my work pc :) Let's get to it!

Once again, I totally skipped over doing Stamping Sunday's challenge, and did something on my own. It started with an awesome water marble I created with 3 of Maybelline's new Bleached Neons, Ultra Violet, Citrus Collide, and Day Glow Teal. O.M.G, these are just amazing to water marble with, they spread so nice! Water marble was done over 2 coats of China Glaze's White on White. I topped with Seche and cleaned up around the nails as that dried. I stamped on top of that with MJ Jr-20 and OPI's Kiss me on my Tulips, then added another coat of Seche.

First are the pics before stamping, then the stamped mani.




















Monday featured a new (to me) matte color and one of Orly's matte Flakies. The base color is 2 coats of Sinful Colors Savage, which stains like holy hell. Savage by itself is very matte and almost neon-like, it's so vibrant. Sadly, the Green Flakie from Orly's Matte FX is not matte at all; it's not satiny either. I can't think of what to call it, except maybe it needed to be topped (like how most polish can look dull without topcoat) OR a true matte topcoat for it to be completely matte. I was really disappointed with that.








And today's mani! Three coats of China Glaze's Pink Voltage over a coat of White on White, a coat of Seche, stamped with MJ Jr-20 and OPI's AmazOn...AmazOff, and another coat of Seche. AmazOn looks more blue than green, I think, because of Pink Voltage, but trust me, that's what I used lol.







No comments:

Post a Comment