Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Blah.......

Good morning! So, yeah, I've been feeling kinda blah, mostly because of the craptastic weather here, and just haven't gotten to posting my last two manis. Today I actually had the time and the want to do so. Thanks for your patience!

I'll start with the mani I rocked on Friday.

As you know, I ordered and received 8 of the 12 Beach & Surf collection from Zoya. Friday, I decided I wanted to use the "oddball" of the collection, Carly. I say oddball because, out the whole collection, Carly is the darkest and the only purple. It is a beautiful grape purple foil that is truly grape colored. Carly was mostly, if not, totally opaque in one coat, but I did a second in case I had some balding. I topped it with Out the Door's Northern Lights in silver and let that dry. The NL was very subtle against Carly and difficult to capture on camera. Once that was all dry, I layered on a thick coat of China Glaze's Latticed Lilac Crackle Glaze. Yes, yes, I know; most bloggers are over the Shatter/Crackle craze, but I'm not, and I intend to use what I have lol. I used one more coat of NL and that was it for this mani.







Alright, next I'm gonna show you the mani I did for Mother's Day. This one I kept pretty simple: two coats of Zoya's Zuzu with a rose stamped in OPI's DS Fantasy using Red Angel plate 118 on accent fingers. The image didn't transfer completely on my left, so I took a close up of the right hand to show it.









I love the color of Zuzu. In my opinion, its a true seafoam green that fits perfectly with the collection it belongs to. The only complaint I have about it is, the formula is a little weird. It's thicker than I'm used to, but not too difficult to apply. Opacity was acheived in two coats.

So, there you have it! I'll have a post up and ready for tomorrow's Pink Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment