Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My first (successful!) splatter mani!

Good morning and happy Pink Wednesday! This is the first of two posts for today. Yesterday I didn't really have a chance to post my mani, since I had to be into work early.

You may remember, a few weeks ago I mentioned attempting a splatter mani, and it didn't turn out so well. I ended up doing something completely different for that day. Well, as Monday was my day off, I had plenty of time to devote to attempting a splatter again.

I started with 3 coats of my base color, Rumple's Wigglin' from OPI. I topped that SV so it would dry quick. Now, there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube for splatter manis. The method I used involves a straw, and yeah, it's still messy lol. I highly recommend using Scotch tape around your nails to minimize how much clean up you'll have. My splatter colors were:

China Glaze- Pink Voltage, Turned Up Turquoise
OPI- Flit a Bit
Zoya- Pippa
FingerPaints- Blue Raspberry Taffy

I'm very proud of how this turned out. I have pics of both hands to show you; the right hand pics are not the best. I have a really difficult time taking pics of my right hand since that's my dominant hand :P













1 comment: