Friday, May 18, 2012

Warning: Crackle post ahead! Lol....

Good morning! Yeah, I'd thought I'd warn my readers in case they didn't want to look at any Crackle, because that's part of today's feature. I have so many Shatters/Crackles that I'm gonna try to use one every Friday. So considered yourselves warned! Lol!

Yes, I know, many people are over it, but I am definitely not. In my opinion, it's the easiest way to do nail art. All you have to do it apply over completely dry polish and top coat. That's it. You can even apply it in different directions, like diagonally or side to side, or even in dots. It's all about how you want to wear it.

For today's feature, I started with 3 coats of China Glaze's Blue Sparrow. Now, Blue Sparrow is labeled as a neon, it even dries matte like a neon, but it isn't what I would call a neon blue. It is a pretty blue, though, with fine glitter in it that really becomes noticeable when you add a topcoat. Neons dries very quick, and this one was no exception, but I still topped it to be sure it was completely dry.

For the Crackle, I used Crushed Candy, also from China Glaze. I picked this up weeks ago at Sally's because it was on clearance along with all of last year's Crackle Glazes. So, if you're like me and still enjoy that look, check out your local Sally's and even Ulta in the clearance for them. I applied one, not too thick over BS, then topped again with Seche Vite. That's it, done!










2 comments:

  1. This is one of the better applied crackles I have seen in a long time. Nice job. Still not my thing though. LOL

    <3 Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your choice of colors makes this a pretty crackle mani. When done tastefully, crackle is still nice

    ReplyDelete