Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Silver dupes

Good morning!

I know I've been a little slack in my dupe posts for the last few weeks. No excuses, other than I either forgot or was lazy xD

Today, though, I have one for you. I'm a little surprised that I don't have more silvers, to be honest. I think I love silver polish as much as, or more, than I do blues, and I'm talking true silvers. Not grey, but silver. I do have more silvers I want to compare, but they're unrelated to this post, as they're completely different. These two I'm showing you today are sparkly silvers.

Let me introduce to you today's comparison: Zoya Trixie and OPI Rinse Charming.


In the bottle, they appear to be the same thing, Trixie may be a little thinner. I also know you can stamp with both.

When I got them both on the nail, I could see the differences. For my swatches, I applied two coats of each. The first difference was obvious: Rinse Charming is practically a one coater, since it's a foil. It also dries to a more dull finish, sort of like the dull side of aluminum foil. Trixie is still rather sparkly without a topcoat, so it appears to more sparkly than Rinse Charming. Rinse Charming also has something of a texture to it when it's dry.

On the nail- index and ring are Trixie, middle and pinky are Rinse Charming.







No comments:

Post a Comment