Thursday, January 3, 2013

Some matte goodness

Good morning! How's everyone getting through another short work week? I'm off today, but that's not unusual for me. Once I get into a salon, which will be soon I'm hoping, I'll long for the days off in the middle of the week, lol.

Ok, so now the holidays are over, the next one being over a month away. I don't know about you all, but I'm definitely craving shades that are easier on the eyes than the all the glitter bombs and festive manis. I'm not quite ready for full on spring colors, more like softer winter colors, and maybe a little texture.

Enter this morning's post. I started with 2 coats of OPI's French Quarter for Your Thoughts. I followed that up with one coat Sally Hansen's Glass Slipper, one coat of Seche, and one coat of NYC's Matte Me Crazy. End result- easy on the eyes, soft color, and a satiny feel thanks to the matte coat.








Texture is a big trend, I think, in the coming months, what with OPI and Zoya both releasing "liquid sand" and "pixiedust" collections. I did pick up just one from the Mariah Carey collex that OPI released on the first, and I think I'll post that next week. To be honest, I've only liked matte, suede, and sand as far as intentional texture. Everything else has to be smooth or it makes my OCD go nuts xD

No comments:

Post a Comment