Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Good evening and happy New Year to all my wonderful readers! I hope y'all had a safe and fun New Year's eve. The hubs and I stayed home, which is normal for us, but I was rocking a nice mani for it.

I showed you last month a stamping plate that I had purchased from Messy Mansion; that was her Christmas plate. She had also created a New Year's plate that I had ordered. Let me just say, I'm so happy with these plates, I totally recommend her plates :)

I had been saving my Zoya Storm just for New Year's. For some reason, it just seemed perfect to me for such a mani. I applied two, very effortless coats followed by Seche. Storm is unlike any other black I've seen; instead of being a linear or even a scattered holo, like DS Coronation, it is a true black base with different sized holo glitter. Storm doesn't stain like other black polishes, and isn't a pain in the ass to remove like glitters.

Once Storm was dry, I stamped the fireworks image on the plate first with Konad Special white, then Color Club's Berry and Bright, followed by Color Club's A Gift of Sparkle, then one last coat of Seche. I love the final result, it looks like a couple fireworks going off.






No comments:

Post a Comment