Monday, October 24, 2011

National Breast Cancer Awareness Day..... Save the TaTas!!

As many of you may know, October has long been designated as NBCA month; today is also marked as the official day to show your support for breast cancer awareness. This is a cause near and dear to my heart: my mother in law, before passing away 3 years ago to another illness, was a long time survivor. This woman was prolly the toughest old broad I knew and was proud of it. I looked up to her, wanting to be more like her. This post is dedicated, in loving memory, to Paula Tomblin.

For this mani, I went a little out of my comfort zone. I started with two coats of OPI's San Tan-tonio. I don't normally with anything like this color, mainly because I don't think they look very good on me. So I don't own this color, it's my mother's :P Coverage was very good, fully opaque in 2 coats (not that that would have been a huge deal......)







Topped off with SV and let that dry before moving on.

Every year for the last few years, OPI has teamed up with the Susan G. Komen Foundation and created a color specifically for this cause. This year was no different; OPI created a Pink of Hearts Shatter with proceeds going to SGKF. I'm proud to say that I finally got my own bottle a few weeks and am debuting it for the mani.

The Pink of Hearts Shatters is exactly like the Blue, and I assuming the Red, as it's more jellylike than the others. It's also more "frosty" like the Blue; I don't have the Red to compare it to for that though. Application was pretty easy, I didn't have any problems with it not shattering or anything. Here it is!






No comments:

Post a Comment