Friday, March 29, 2013

Happy Friday!

Good evening!

I know I've been slacking this week, but it's been a bit busy for me. I've had family visiting from out town and get ready for Easter :) I do have today's and Wednesday's manis to show you. Both are flakie manis, which I've really been in the mood for lately.

Today's flakie mani uses China Glaze colors, Dandy Lyin' Around and Luxe and Lush. I remember reading reviews last year about Luxe and Lush, and they weren't glowing. I still wanted it, and figured I would get around its rough feeling. Luxe is very like I Lily Love You from OPI in that the flakies don't want to lay nice. I had since discovered Gelous, which is a smoothing miracle in a bottle for rough textured polishes. So, three coats of Dandy Lyin', one coat of Luxe, one coat of Gelous, and one coat of Seche :)







This was one of those manis that I honestly didn't know how the final mani would look, and if I would like it lol. I was really tempted to matte it, but I did not want to put another coat of anything on it, since the base color was three, thickish coats to get opacity. I ended up liking just like this though.

Wednesday's mani was an exercise in pissing me off. I did that one 3 time before I was happy with it. By the third mani, the colors weren't even the same as I had started with.

I had wanted to do a jelly mani with a sparkly/flakie topcoat. The original mani was Zoya Kate and Belle, but when I woke Wednesday morning, I don't know, it's like the tips shrank or something. I thought, ok, I have time before I have to start getting ready for work, do over. The second mani was OPI Do You Think I'm Tex-y and Zoya Chloe. Talk about way too much visible nail line >.> So off that mani came. The final mani was one coat of OPI Kiss me on my Tulips, 2 coats od Do You Think I'm Tex-y?, and one coat of Zoya Chloe. I still wasn't entirely happy with it, I wasn't wanting something so bold, but it is what it is lol.






No comments:

Post a Comment