Saturday, November 2, 2013

Texture swatches

Good evening!

I've got a couple of textured polish swatches I want to share that have just been sitting, waiting for just that :)

First up is OPI's Alcatraz...Rocks. This gorgeous color is from the San Francisco collection and is, I believe, the only sparkly one. Thus, it was the only I wanted. In the bottle, Alcatraz has a purple cast that doesn't translate to the nail. Instead, it dries to kind of a greyish blue with gold sparkles. I haven't seen a color quite like it and think it's rather pretty. My swatch only needed 2 coats over bare nails.






Next is a color from OPI's retail line, Nicole by OPI. They released their own line textures a few months ago, called Gumdrops. Really, there was just one that called me and that was A-Nise Treat. This is a true black, not charcoal grey, texture with silver sparkles. The formula was very good, unlike other colors I've tried from NOPI. Two coats over bare nails for this one as well.






Lastly, I have one from Sally Hansen's line of textures that debuted over the summer. I had passed on them when I first saw them, because all I kept seeing were the cremes. It later came to my attention that there were two sparkly colors, one being Royal Icing. In the bottle, Royal Icing is a pretty, icy blue with pink flashes. However, this one was a bit of a disappointment. Out of all the textures I own, this one is the least opaque, making me recommend undies for it. My swatch shows it with 3 coats on its own and 2 coats over 1 coat of Zoya Blu. You really can tell the difference, and I think it looks better with undies.





It looks so boring by itself, but it really pops over Blu, and is still sparkly with the pink flashes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment