Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Feelin' (bright) blue!

Good morning!

This will be the first of two posts today, since I never got around to posting yesterday's mani >.< Yeah, time got away from me, and before I knew it, it was bedtime! /fail

So, over the weekend, I managed to make a Sally's run, and lo, I spotted the China Glaze neons. Even though they haven't been out long, the display was already picked over, BUT I found the one color I truly wanted from that collection: Ride the Waves. RTW is an interesting polish. First and foremost, it's a blue jelly. Second, even though it's a jelly, it dries to an almost matte finish, which brings me to third, it feels like plastic once it is dry. Let me tell, it's a royal bitch to take off with normal polish remover. I highly recommend using acetone to take this one off.

Just very recently, I joined a group on FaceBook for nail stamping. Very nice people in this group, and some very talented people! It had gotten me inspired to do some stamping for yesterday's mani.

I started with 3 coats of Ride the Waves and topped that with SV, which made it nice and shiny. I still had some VNL, but it was tolerable. For my stamping, I used my bornpretty plates, M04 and M11. I stamped the butterfly with Konad Special White and the flower with China Glaze Millennium. Because RTW is so vibrant, it made the butterfly look more blue than white, lol.







No comments:

Post a Comment