Saturday, June 23, 2012

More neons!

Good morning! Sorry didn't post yesterday's mani up last night. I had gotten a rather dubious surprise and I'm still trying to process it.

Anyways. So, the weather here is still very blah with more rain predicted. I felt the need to at least have something bright and pretty on my nails. Last weekend I picked up Splish Splash from China Glaze at Sally's. This is a pretty shade of blue. I had seen on another blog, don't recall who's right now, saying the Splish Splash is a lighter version of Frost Bite. I don't totally agree with that, as SS has its own magic.

Like most other neons I own, it has a slight shimmer in that's evident in the bottle and translates to the nail. It does dry matte, but not as matte as some neons. And, unlike my others, it was opaque in 2 coats. Nearly all the neons I own take at least 3 for opacity. Overall, I love this color.

So, for my mani, I applied two easy coats of Splish Splash and topped with SV, which just brought it to life. It didn't take long to dry, and once it did, I applied one coat of Lightning from China Glaze, which is one of their Crackle Glazes, and one more coat of SV.







No comments:

Post a Comment