Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sunday Stamping!

Good evening! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I know tomorrow is Monday, boooo, but at least enjoy what's left! :P

Ok, so I told y'all a few days back that I had joined a stamping group on FaceBook. Well, one  of the things they do is called Stamping Sunday. People pick themes, vote on them, and whatever wins is the theme that Sunday. Today's theme was glitter: glitter bombs, glitter accents, whatever! Just as long as glitter is in there somewhere, or at least that's how I understood it to be :P

I haven't been on a glitter kick for awhile now, so a glitter bomb was definitely out the question, but accents I could handle. First, I started with a base color of China Glaze Kinetic Candy. Two coats of KC and one of SV, and let that dry. For the stamping, I used Shany plate SH24 and Jumping Jade from Sally Hansen InstaDri. This gave me the begininngs of a peacock feather on my nails.

For the "eye", I used a golden yellow from a nail art pen (no name), Rebel Spirit from Color Club, Tallulah from Zoya, and Stone Cold from Orly, in that order, applied with dotting tools. For my glitter effect, I topped with Northern Lights in Silver. I also added a little gem to both ring fingers.

Now, the feather itself didn't come out as nice as I had hoped, and I blame that on my stamper. I have one of those Konad double sided stampers that have abolutely no give. As of half an hour ago, I have a new stamper ordered that should remedy this problem. I will keep you posted :)





No comments:

Post a Comment