Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Part two of today's post!

And good evening!

As promised, here is today's Pink Wednesday post!

It seems I'm on a bit of a jelly kick, because I used one for today's feature. This time, though, I chose to do a candy mani as opposed to just the jelly. There are a few ways to do a candy mani-

1. One coat base color, 1-2 coats glitter, 1 coat jelly.
2. Two coats glitter, 1 coat jelly.
3. One coat jelly, 1-2 coats glitter, 1 coat jelly.

There may be others, but those are the ones that I'm familiar with. Normally, I do the first method, but it's entirely up to you. It's really a matter of the look you're trying to achieve. Today, I decided to give the second method a whirl, so I started with one of my chosen jelly, OPI's Do You Think I'm Tex-y?, with 2 coats of Wet 'N Wild's Bow in my Presence (Coloricon line), with a second coat of DYTIT. Since it was a little rough and I wanted to stamp, I topped with SV.

Now, since it was a candy mani, I had the cute idea of stamping candy on top. I flipped though my plates until I found the closest image possible, bornpretty plate m37. I stamped the lollipop image with China Glaze's Millennium and finished it all with another coat of SV.

I gotta say, I'm a little iffy about this one. It's not quite as cute as I pictured it in my head, but it could be the color combo. Or, I could just be overly critical xD Anyways, you can judge for yourself.







No comments:

Post a Comment