Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pixie Dust swatches

Good morning and happy Saturday!

I've got a few Pixie Dust swatches I want to share with you :) Three are from Zoya's new fall collection of PDs, one is from the first collection released this passed January. So, let's get right to it!

To start it off, is Tomoko from the fall collection. This was the one I was most excited about, and disappointed by. Zoya describes Tomoko as a champagne silver...... Well, it's definitely more champagne than silver. There's really only a tiny bit of silver in it =\ I like it, don't get me wrong, but I would rather have something more silver than gold. My swatch was done with 2 coats. This particular PD is the more foil like formula, meaning it looks like crumbled foil on your nails.






Next up is one whose name really made me scratch my head. It makes no sense, sunshine is yellow. According to Zoya, though, Sunshine is a Van Gogh blue O.o I don't get it lol, but whatever. It's a pretty, kind French (to me) blue. The formula on this one is like earlier PDs, instead foil like. My swatch is two coats. Sunshine is also from the fall collection.






My last swatch from the fall collection is Carter. Carter is a gorgeous, red toned purple with fuschia sparkles in it that were a pain for me to capture. This particular PD has a thinner formula, but I was able to get opacity in two coats. This one also seems to take longer to dry. Otherwise I have no complaints.





My last swatch is Nyx, from the original collection of PDs released this past January. I passed this over at the time of release, favoring, instead, Chyna. I really don't know why, but I did, and I had regretted it since. So, I was determined to get it with my last order :) Nyx is a pretty, lighter, almost Wedgewood blue color with silver sparkles. I didn't  write it down, but I'm going to assume I did 3 coats of this one, since I just wore a week or so ago and that's what I needed.






So, yeah, at last count, I have near 20 textured polishes :P I think I have a problem lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment