Monday, September 23, 2013

Some Zoya fall collection swatches

Good evening!

I know I'm a bit late to the party, showing these particular swatches, but better late than never, right?

When I first saw the press release for Zoya's Satin and Cashmere collection for this fall, I knew right away that I wouldn't be getting but a few. The colors are beautiful, don't get me wrong, but I simply cannot wear all the warm, typically fall colors that both sets have. This made me sad, since I haven't bought a new red in ages :P

I did buy four colors, though; 1 from the Cashmeres, 3 from the Satins. I also bought 3 of the fall Pixie Dusts but I'll be showing them later this week. Right now, it's just the four I mentioned.

First up is Sailor, from the Cashmeres. Sailor is a beautiful, dusty navy blue that's extremely pigmented. It's not too dusty, just enough to make it different from my other dark blues. My swatch is 2 coats of Sailor.






Next is Claudine from the Satins. Claudine is an unusual color in my stash, one that was unexpected when it arrived on my doorstep. When I read Zoya's description (a deep meteorite grey metallic), I pictured something different. None of the swatches I had seen, or reviews on blog I had read, showed or mentioned how gold Claudine truly is. It's not as dark as Zoya's pic is either, so yeah, I was disappointed with it at first. I mean, I go out of my way to avoid gold polish or colors with gold in them; they just don't look good on me. But, I kept it, and swatched it, and got over it. It's a gorgeous color and I have nothing like it.

Claudine applied easily and very well in two coats, even though it could have easily been a one coater.






On to Neve, also from the Satins. Neve is a vibrant, jewel toned blurple. I saw blurple because in the bottle and certain lighting, it looks purple, but in broad daylight, it's definitely blue. I think it's mostly because of its shimmer. Anyways, I love it :) Two coats for this swatch.






Lastly, Giovanna. Giovanna is a bright, jewel tone, blue leaning green shimmer. Totally unique in my stash. Very beautiful and perfect for the holidays. Two coats for my swatch.





No comments:

Post a Comment