Sunday, September 22, 2013

Stamping Sunday

Good evening and welcome to the first night of fall!

Fall officially started here in Florida at about quarter to five in the evening :) Now, if only the weather gets the memo about it and acts accordingly, we'll be square lol!

In honor of the occasion, today's Stamping Sunday challenge was, simply, fall themed. Fall in Florida is actually pretty much the same as the rest of the year >.< So, I chose to do what comes to mind when I think of fall- warm colors and crunchy leaves.

My base was 2 coats of China Glaze's Dandy Lyin' Around followed by a coat of Seche. This left my base a streaky mess but that was okay since it was going to be covered. While it dried, I cut up pieces of Saran Wrap for the second phase.

I balled up and used like a sponge the pieces of Saran Wrap to apply first OPI's The "It" Color, followed by Flit a Bit. The technique I used is called the Saran Wrap technique, you can find it on YouTube I'm sure :) I didn't apply another coat of Seche, since those two colors went on thin. I just let them dry before stamping.

My stamped images came from Winstonia W119, Red Angel RA-121, and Bundle Monster BM-208. The colors were Maybelline Bold Gold, Pure Ice Magic, and Color Club Rebel Spirit. Seche followed the stamping. The stamping isn't as bold as I wanted, but all in all, I'm really happy with this mani :)







No comments:

Post a Comment