Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Challenge #12- Stripes

Sad, sad for this post =( I ended up doing this mani twice. Why? Well, before I could get pics of the final mani, I ended up splitting my index nail, on my photo hand. This caused me to have to take off all the polish and file down every nail >:( Yeah, I was pretty mad, especially since, if you look at my last few post, they had gotten long.

Regardless, I had a cute idea for this challenge. I started, once again, with 2 coats of Kyoto Pearl and let that dry.





Then, I taped my nails off, alternating between a wide strip of tape and taping off above the cuticles and at the tips. For the stripe color, I used Candy Cane Lane from Orly, which to my surprise is a jelly! Red candy mani, here I came!




Now, I didn't intentionally do the stripes in opposite direction. In fact, I didn't even notice until I topcoated >.< Reason being, I did the wide red stripe first, then the white. My right hand came out the right way, but I failed on the left lol. Yeah, the candy cane effect was intentional :P I know I've got some bleed through, BUT if you look at a candy cane, they're not perfect either. They have all kinds of smudges and such.




1 comment: