Monday, November 21, 2011

Challenge #26- inspired by a pattern

Good evening!! I hope y'all had a great weekend and, for my American followers, are looking forward to the holiday week! I'm gonna feature two more, maybe a third, challenge week, since it promises to be a busy one for me.

As the title says, this one is inspired by a pattern. Really, I suppose I should have used this one as the fashion and that one for this one. Oh, wells :P Also, this one is more like a what not to do, since, Imo, it did not turn out as well as I would have liked, lol. Not horrible, but not great either.

I saw this post the day it came it out and thought hey, I can give it a shot. I got myself a fan brush, and while I didn't have all the colors in nail polish, I did in acrylic paints.



I started with a base color of Kyoto Pearl, 2 coats, from OPI. I let that dry without a topcoat. I then followed the tutorial........ Right off the bat, I know the first thing I did wrong: I loaded too much and too far up the bristles of the fan brush, so I didn't quite achieve the feathery effect. I think the rest of it was just a matter of too heavy a hand with the other colors. All trial and error; next time, I'll know better xD I topped with OTD's Northern Lights in silver.







No comments:

Post a Comment