Thursday, October 18, 2012

Been sick =\

Or, rather, been fighting to not get sick since last Saturday =\  My brother and mom have both been fighting the same nasty little, wannabe cold thing too. Me, it's just made me tired more than anything, but it means I've been lacking the energy to really want to do anything.

Nevertheless, I did have a mani ready to go for yesterday's Pink Wednesday theme. It was nothing extravagant, but was something I haven't done in a while: matte flakies!

You all know how much I just love love LOVE matte flakies. It's one of my favorite looks, even if not too many people like matte. In my opinion, making a flakie matte brings out the flakies better. Granted, there are some flakies, or flakie/base color combos that look better left shiney, but for the most part, matte looks better.

I started with 3 coats of one of my favorite Essie colors, Splash of Grenadine. Every time I think of that color, I think of Tequila Sunrises, lol. This is magenta hued, medium pink that's not too bright or too soft. My only real problem is that it does take 3 coats for opacity because it is streaky. I let that all dry, then apply 2 coats, drying in between them, of FingerPaints' Asylum. I topped with SV and let that dry before applying a final coat of Hard Candy's Matte-ly in Love.

I use the SV before I matte the mani because it just doesn't dry fast enough if I use the matte topcoat alone. I've dinged and smudged an hour or more after doing my nails that way. Now, here are the pics, before I fall asleep at my keyboard lol.






Please excuse my lousy indoor pics. We've without sun for the most part of several days lately, especially yesterday. That forced me to have to take indoor pics, so my mani doesn't appear as bright or "crisp" as I'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment