Monday, October 1, 2012

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

Good evening!

Wow, I can not believe that it's October already! Where has the time gone this year? It sure doesn't feel like it's fall already, not with the temperatures still hitting 90 degrees or higher here in FL, but nonetheless, it is October.

So, yes, this month is Breast Cancer Awareness, as I'm sure many of realize by now :P This is a cause that is near and dear to my heart, as my mother-in-law, before she passed almost 4 years ago, was a breast cancer survivor. To celebrate her memory and raise awareness, I've decided to dedicate this month's manis to nothing but pink (with the exception of Halloween :P).

To kick it off, I did up a mani today using some cute stamping plates. I started first with my base color, I Think in Pink from OPI, in 3 coats. This particular color is part of OPI's Pink of Hearts 2012 duo, which also includes a glitter that I will show in a later post.

I Think in Pink is a pretty, lighter pink that reminds of a strawberry milkshake or strawberry flavored milk; it's that sweet looking. I topped it off with SV and let it dry awhile before I stamped. The plates I used are from Bundle Monster's latest set, numbers 321 and 324. While their full nail images have noticeably gotten larger, they're still not quite large enough for my wide thumb nails. My stamping color was Confetti Get the Party Started. Now, before I topped again, I cleaned up around my nails, and that seemed to help prevent smearing.

Here is the final look:








I really love how this came out, and apparently so did just about everyone I saw today! I received many compliments on it :)

I'm going to try to get my BCA posts up at least every other day, so stay tuned in! I have several ideas for this theme, I just don't want you (or me!) to get bored with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment