Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pink watercolor and more swatches

Good morning everyone!

For today's mani, I did something a little fun- a watercolor look! I've seen this done a few different ways, so there really isn't a right or wrong way to do. All you need is some acetone, a small paint brush of some kind or Q-tips, your polishes for making the watercolor look, and your nails done in your base color and topped with a thick topcoat, like Seche Vite.

I started mine with two coats of OPI's San Tan-tonio topped with SV. Yes, I know, I never browns of any kind!! I actually kind of like how this one looks on me....... For the other colors, I used Sparrow Me the Drama, Shorts Story, and Ate Berries in the Canaries, all from OPI. I poured a little of each onto a paperplate, and dunking my brush in the acetone first, I dabbed some of ABITC onto my nails. I repeated the process with SMTD, then SS, and ABITC again. After a little bit of clean, I topped again with SV and was done.



 


I don't think it came out too bad, but it is something I need to practise :P

Now for some swatches! These are all Zoya colors again, starting with Paloma. Paloma is a gorgeous, berry pink jelly from the Gloss collection. I adore this color and plan on using it for a jelly sammich tomorrow. I used 4 coats for this swatch, no topcoat.





Next for show, is Suri. I almost passed on this, until I saw it in person at Ulta. Suri is blue toned purple shimmer, which is unique in my stash. Most of my purples are more red toned. I even passed on the one purple in OPI's Germany collection because it's a red toned purple. But Suri I had to have. Shown is 2 coats for my swatch, no topcoat.





Lastly, I have for you Fei Fei. Fei Fei, in my opinion, is the lovechild of Crystal and Noel. It's sparkly without being too glittery, but it's not a shimmer either. I'm not sure what to call it, other than beautiful. Fei Fei is a blueish green base with the same color and gold fine glitter. I needed 3 coats for this swatch. No topcoat of course :P



2 comments: