Friday, October 18, 2013

Attack of the dots!

Good evening!

Tonight I'm breaking away from my Textured Friday thing, mainly because it happened to fall on a pink themed mani, and, well, I have just one pink textured polish and I've already used it. Instead, I'm going to share something a little different.

So, as I said, today was to be a pink themed mani. I wanted to use my Pretty in Polka from Maybelline, but after one coat, those glitters they had are a pure bitch to apply. Yesterday, though, a Face Book friend of mine came across a different way of applying glitters that I wish I had thought of. Take a look:

Glitter sponging!

Let me tell you, it makes a hell of a difference. This mani started with a base of 2 coats of OPI's Kiss me on my Tulips followed by a coat of Seche. I topped in between so I didn't ruin my base. Following the tut, I sponged on Pretty in Polka. I only needed one go over with it. In retrospect, I prolly should have used a coat of Gelous before Seche to finish, because it was still a bit rough.

Sadly, even this way of doing glitters didn't keep the craptastic formula from chipping while I was at work -.-







No comments:

Post a Comment