Sunday, April 21, 2013

Bit of a Stamping Sunday fail.....

Good evening!

Normally, I would be showing you all my Stamping Sunday nails. Today's challenge theme was Earth Day, which is tomorrow. I had a great idea, had the plates and colors all picked out..... It should have looked great, but it didn't. In fact, I was so disappointed with it that I didn't take any pics before taking it off earlier this afternoon and decided to show you swatches instead.

The swatches I have tonight are three of OPI's Liquid Sands, one from the Mariah Carey collection and 2 from the just released Bond Girls. First of all, let me just say I love textured polishes. I mean, come on, I have a ridiculous number of Shatters and Crackles and quite a few matte topcoats and polishes. It was only natural that I would want to try the Liquid Sands.

Second, there are a couple of different formulas for textured polishes. For example, I believe most or all of the Mariah Carey Sands are matte glitter (I don't know as I only have the one). The Bond Girls Sands appear to be a cross of matte glitter and foils. Zoya Pixie Dusts are matte glitters that are matching glitter and base colors. Milani has a line of textured cremes that look like a popcorn ceiling and just look nasty to me. Some people may like them, I don't. I much OPI's and Zoya's take on the textured polish trend.

The Sand I have from the Mariah Carey collection is Got Your Number, because, well, it's blue. It has mixed sizes of holo glitter suspended in the blue base. My swatch needed 3 coats because I could still see VNL after 2 coats. I was worried about how this would feel once it dried, if it would make me crazy and I would pick at it, but it didn't bother me. It is a little rough, but not the point of snagging my hair or clothes.




I also didn't have a problem with staining with this color. Acetone is recommended for removal, since it's basically glitter.

Next up is Bond Girl Solitaire. I love a good white polish, especially if it's not your ordinary white. Solitaire is absolutely gorgeous. It's a white foil with white and silver glitter. It's not a blinding white, it's a dazzling, sparkling white, like a solitaire diamond :) This is two coats.





The other Bond Girl I have is Tiffany Case, because, well, it's blue lol. I'm blown away by this color, it practically glows on my skin, it's so complementary to it. Tiffany Case isn't so much blue as a bright aqua foil with matching glitter. I love this one so much, I'm still wearing it on my pic hand as I write this :P My swatch is 2 coats.



1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with your comments on the Milani textured ones. They look like stucco. So do the Barry M's.

    ReplyDelete