Monday, April 22, 2013

Dupe Monday

Good evening!

I'm sitting here watching one of my all time favorite movies, The Wizard of Oz, as I type up this post :) I love it, and haven't seen it in years, literally. I remember watching it at least once a year as a child. It's just such an awesome movie.

Anyways! On to the post. I wanted to show you all a couple of neon turquoises that I thought were the same, China Glaze's Turned Up Turquoise and Wet 'N Wild's Distant Memory from the Spoiled line.


In the bottle, they look pretty similiar. They both have a bit of shimmer, which you can't see in this pic, but it's visible on the nail.

For my swatch, I applied three coats of each, which is what was needed for opacity. You can definitely tell the difference now. Distant Memory is darker and dries to a smoother finish, whereas Turned Up Turquoise still looks streaky (although topcoat takes of that). They both dry to a satiny matte finish that needs to be topcoated so it doesn't chip; you could leave it as is, though. All neons dry to a matte finish, so these are no different. TUT is on my index and ring fingers, while DM on the other two.








My opinion: you don't need both unless you really love neon turquoises. They're just too close to justify having both in your collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment