Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Some swatches

Good evening!

I have, in my continuing effort, a few more swatches to show, lol. I've got many more pics to edit, but I'm finally down to less than 10 polishes left to swatch. That'll definitely teach me not to leave so many for so long xD Maybe.....

Anyways! Both of the swatches are from OPI's Matte collection from a few years ago; I will eventually own all of them since I love matte polishes. For now, the colors I have are Russian Navy and La Paz-itively Hot Pink.

The matte version of Russian Navy isn't really a matte version of Russian Navy, if that makes sense. Original Russian Navy is a shimmery, almost duochromy blurple; the matte version, when topcoated, is just a dark navy blurple creme. Not that it isn't pretty, but it's very similiar to Road House Blues. For my swatch, I only need 2 coats for full coverage.






La Paz-itively Hot Pink, on the other hand, is actually a matte version of the original. The matte version has the same shimmer in it that the original displays. The matte reminds me of how most neons looks, to be honest. This swatch, like the previous, only needed 2 coats for full coverage. 




No comments:

Post a Comment