Monday, July 2, 2012

A frosty gradient!

Here is yet another attempt of mine at a gradient. I actually love how this one turned out. I started two coats of My Boyfriend Scales Walls from OPI; yeah, I love this color. I topped with SV so I wouldn't smudge my base and let that dry.

The gradient technique is the same that I've used on the last few I have done- with a damp makeup sponge. I seem to get much better results that way as opposed to using a dry sponge. For the gradient colors, I used Into the Night and DS Magic. The way that I did it, I first brushed on MBSW and ITN onto the sponge then sponged that on. I sponged thoes two on twice, then switched ITN and Magic. I brushed on only a tiny bit of Magic because I wanted it to be more subtle and more on the very tips. I think the overall look came out very nice.







I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of sponge gradients lol. Now, if only my stamping would get better........ :P

No comments:

Post a Comment