Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pink Wednesday, and sone pedi spam!

Good evening! Happy Pink Wednesday to everyone! As a bit of warning, as the title of this post says, I have some pedi spam to show you but I will save that for last :) First, though, is today's mani.

So, a few days ago, I got some new glitters in the mail, Sour Apple and Mango Madness from an older China Glaze collection. These two glitters are very like Teedage and Last Friday Night from OPI, with their thicker, colored bases and small holo glitter. From what I can tell, the two China Glaze's aren't quite as thick as the later OPIs and are more manageable. They are quite sheer even after a few coats.

Normally when I do a candy mani, I use a matching or complementary creme base. Another method is useing your jelly polish as the base, which is what I tried today. I started with 2 coats of Zoya Kate. Once dry, I layered one coat of Mango Madness, the Zoya Belle, all topped with SV. This came out more orange than I intended, but it's a pretty orange-pink color.







Ok, now for pedi spam! If you don't like looking at pedis, I suggest you stop reading!

On my last trip to Ulta, I picked my third butter LONDON, The Black Knight. I love this polish! It's a black base with multi colored glitter that's just stunning. It is, unfortunately, a topcoat eater. To cure that, I used Gelous, which I picked up at Sally's, over two coats of TBK. After that, I used SV so it would dry faster.


No comments:

Post a Comment