Friday, July 6, 2012

Thar be pirates herrrrre!

Good morning and happy Friday! I hope everyone has had a good week, whether you were celebrating Independence Day or just getting through another work week!

For today's mani, I decided to revisit one of my favorite collections from OPI last year, The Pirates of the Carribean. While I don't own every color from it, I thought it was very pretty and loved both the collex and the movie :) I reached for Planks A Lot and Silver Shatter.

If you're unfamiliar with the collex, let me tell you little about them. All the colors are dusty, muted pastels that fit beuatifully for spring and summer. I can't tell you how many people were disappointed with the colors, but I wasn't one of them. These colors applied so nicely and looked great by themselves or layered with Silver Shatter on top. While I wished for a blue (when don't I? :P), I was happy with what this collex offered. I think my favorite color has to be Mermaid's Tears; it's such a unique color.

Today, though, I was in the mood for Planks A Lot. Two easy coats for opacity and topped with SV for quick drying. Silver Shatter over that and topped again with SV. I have found the trick with Silver Shatter is to apply it thicker so it breaks up better, otherwise it will just look like silver over your color.







I also thought I would a couple pics of my little audience lol. This is Merlyn, she's my 8 year old baby and will sit by the door when I go outside to take my pics.



No comments:

Post a Comment