Sunday, July 15, 2012

Stamping Sunday!

Good evening! I hope everyone has had a great weekend. Mine wasn't too bad, I didn't do anything too exciting.

So, today's Stamping Sunday challenge was themed precious jewels. I almost went with my usual and did something with sapphires, but I went against my norm this time.

I picked a beautiful, untried jewel tone Zoya I've had for several months, Suvi. Now, I'm very particular about my greens; not many of them look good with my skintone. So many of them are too yellow and wash me out. Suvi, however, is a gorgeous, dark emerald green frost. The only thing I don't like about this color is that took 3 thin coats for opacity; that's it. I topped Suvi with Poshe and let it dry while I cleaned up my mani.

Ok, my goal after that was to try to make this mani look jewelry-like, but not gaudy or garish. I started flipping through my binder of plates and found a delicate, chainlink looking, full nail image on MASH 41. I stamped that image with China Glaze's Jingle Bells. On my ring fingers, I added a "diamond". I even managed to not smear my stamping! Take a look!








Now, I did have to use a drop of super glue on the "diamond" because I kept popping it off xD Normally I don't do that but it seems I have to when I use Poshe as a topcoat; I don't have that problem with SV lol.

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment