Saturday, May 25, 2013

A few Indie swatches......

Good evening!

Ok, so I FINALLY, finally finished swatching my recent acquisitions lol. I know I've devoted a post to what I'm about to show you, individually, but I'm gonna put them together here. Tonight is the three Indies I've bought/received as a gift :) Two are matte glitters, one is a holo.

First up is the holo. Dark Emerald is from up and coming Indie seller Aly's Dream Polish, from the Holographic Euphoria collection. This collection had literally dozens of different colors. Most of them had a pretty strong holo effect; Dark Emerald's is a little more subtle, but the color is gorgeous. I only need two coats for opacity.






Now, the two matte glitters are from two different sellers. Pink Lemonade is from Amy's Nail Boutique, and Sand Art is from Pretty & Polished. I love them both. I layered one coat of Pink Lemonade over 2 coats of China Glaze's Sunshine Pop. PL is a mixture of matte pink and yellow, tiny hex glitters, suspended in a clear base.

Sand Art is a mix pink, lime green, bright blue, darker blue, and red violet matte glitters in a clear base. I layered 2 coats of Sand Art over 2 coats of Zoya Robyn for this swatch.










One tip: You will want to either use Gelous before you top coat over PL, or double up on your preferred topcoat. Sand Art isn't as rough when its topped, I've found, but I think it could have benefitted from a coat of Gelous.

No comments:

Post a Comment