Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Hard Candy swatches

Good evening!

I have for you tonight more swatches from my recent purchases. As you may ore may know, the Walmart brand, Hard Candy, revamped quite a bit of their line in the last few months, including the nail polish line. My Walmart finally had the entire collection available instore for me to look at early last month.

I must say, all the colors and glitters were pretty :) I could have taken alot of them home but settled on two of them, Bity Blue and Mermaid Magic. 

Bity Blue is a gorgeous, electric blue base loaded with what I think are glass flecks. I reminds me a little of OPI's Be a Dahlia Won't You?, with as sparkly as it is. I know it's not glitter, or a foil, or a shimmer. I love it, whatever it is lol.




There is no hint of another color in this polish; it is blue!! This swatch was done with 3 coats, no topcoat.

The other I bought, Mermaid Magic, is a glitter. It's packed with small, teal green glitters and larger purple glitter, both hex in shape. It covers very well in two coats on its own.






Mermaid Magic also looks nice layered over 2 coats of Bity Blue :)






All in all, I don't have any complaints about Hard Candy. They're cruelty free, which is a plus in my book, and they're relatively inexpensive, another plus :)

No comments:

Post a Comment